Latest News, Announcements & Reminders
Did You Know...
1. The NEW Animal School video is now available on DVD and as a digital download? Never heard of it? Click to Preview the video.
2. You only need to ask. Have a parenting problem or question and need answers or ideas for solutions? Let us know! We'll do our best to provide the info and resources you need.
3. If you teach kids, their parents, or even their teachers, we'll have something for you, very soon. Watch your inbox for the announcements.
Recent Child Development Posts
Have you ever been sitting there, minding your own business, trying to relax for a well-deserved millisecond when you heard this high-pitched voice, draw out your name - "Mooooooom!" Nothing can get … More
Does your child really need swimming lessons? Every situation and family is different, so of course your child's individual needs are the first thing you'll want to consider. Given the individual … More
Children in general may have a hard time socializing due to being shy or not quite knowing how to interact with another child. Children with ADHD have an even more difficult time trying to build … More
What Readers are Saying…
- Melody Spier on Animal School Video Inspires Individuality & Acceptance
- Sally on Kicking the Toy Addiction
- Anita on Signs of Being Bullied
- Cathy G. on Animal School Video Inspires Individuality & Acceptance
- gretchen on Dr. Gabor Mate Offers Refreshing Take on Childhood Development, the Importance of Parenting, and the Mind-Body Connection
Recent Family Living Posts
Many new terms and slang phrases come out on a daily basis, but one of the more interesting and more in-depth slang phrases around is the term "sharent." Bascially, a "sharent" is a person … More
Sometimes it seems like the household chores are never-ending. But before you get too overwhelmed, consider: who said all those chores had to be done by a parent? There are quite a few items on … More
The concept of adult kids living at home and paying rent is a bit of a controversial one. Some people are adamantly opposed to it, while others consider it essential. What most people will agree … More
- Build Resilience with Confidence, Encouragement and Empathy
- Kids Learn Responsibility When Caring for Pets
- How To Teach Your Kids Responsibility
- More About Chores and Responsible Kids
- Parenting Strategies to Raise Responsible Kids
- Support Teenagers Without Saying I Told You So
- Developing Independent Teens – Picking Your Battles
In The Spotlight
Recently, Melody and I read a news article about a little boy in a wheelchair who was having his yearly class picture made. Not a biggie, right? Wrong! Apparently, the little boy who was placed … More